The festive season is just around the corner, and on TikTok, holiday content never fails to spread joy. From preparations to celebrations, people across Europe are looking for inspiration on TikTok to make their holidays one to remember. And in the lead up to gifting season, creator collaborations are a great way to spark the festive feels and boost sales for brands.
With an easy-to-use interface, thousands of creators at your fingertips and first-party data reporting to analyse campaign performance, TikTok Creator Marketplace gives you everything you need to kickstart your holiday campaigns and connect with customers, through creators, over the festive period.
The power of holiday collaborations
Demand for festive content is growing. Over the holidays, TikTok is the #1 choice for product discovery and gift inspiration. In fact, 79% of TikTok users in Europe said that TikTok played a role in purchases and gifts bought during the holiday season.(1)
And it’s more than just an idea: inspiration also has an amplifying effect, as discovery often turns into sales. 57% of European TikTok users agree that the platform inspired them to shop even when they weren’t planning to – making it the perfect time to work with creators and connect with customers.(1)
Feelgood festive trends
During the holiday season, tapping into trends and collaborating with creators can help users discover your brand and products at the right moment. Stay top of mind this holiday season with these festive themes:
TikTok Togetherness: In the lead up to December, users across Europe look to the #ForYou page (FYP) and creators for that fuzzy festive feeling. Lean into meaningful moments with hashtags such as #ChristmasSpirit and #ThisIsMyChristmas.
Shopping and Gifting: It’s gifting season – and TikTokers are already using #ChristmasWishList or #GiftTok to find inspiration. Europeans are searching across categories for the perfect gift including clothing (43%), gaming (36%), beauty (33%) and decorations (30%).(1)
Merry Celebrations: From festive parties to family dinners, the holidays are a time for celebration and TikTokers are getting prepped with #ChristmasMakeup, #ChristmasDIY and even #ChristmasCookies.
November is the month for festive preparations
In Europe, holiday shopping may start as early as September but for TikTokers, it ramps up in November – just in time for the sales shopping season. Brands should certainly leverage creators’ influence and outreach. Partnering with creators ahead of, and during, the November surge gets customers inspired for planning and shopping, boosting holiday sales.
Creators are at the heart of creative ideas for the holidays
On TikTok, creator content not only sparks discovery – it leads to purchases. In Europe, 66% say they’ve been inspired by content on TikTok or got new ideas from the platform.(1) On TikTok, there’s no start or end to the purchasing path – it’s an infinite loop of discovery, consideration, conversion and post-purchase reviews.
So, what’s the most effective way to partner with creators and inspire your audience this holiday season? Here are some key content ideas to try:
- 12 Days of Foodmas: Festive feasts in the making – Involve TikTok food creators to try new holiday-themed recipes for 12 consecutive days.
- Wrap battle: Christmas wrapping isn’t always as fun as it looks – especially when it’s anything other than a box. Bring in a little festive humour and task creators to a wrapping challenge!
- Shopping season sales: Embrace shopping season and challenge creators to create an entire outfit from sale items to showcase in a merry catwalk.
On TikTok, inspiration is everything. This holiday season, find out how to leverage the power of TikTok Creator Marketplace and kickstart collaborations that are sure to spark festive joy.
A gift from us to you! Earn €/£200 ad credits* when you run a holiday campaign with creators on TikTok Creator Marketplace.
To qualify, you will need to use the Advertising Code “FESTIVE22” when creating your campaign on TikTok Creator Marketplace.
All advertisers must also meet the following criteria in order to be eligible for the €/£200 ad credits incentive:
- Open to advertisers based in: United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, and Spain only.
- The holiday campaign must be run and completed between 14 Nov and 25 Dec 2022.
- Advertisers must run and complete a campaign only with creators who have >100K followers on their TikTok account and are registered on TikTok Creator Marketplace.
- A campaign is considered as completed, only when the creator has successfully published the approved campaign video via TikTok Creator Marketplace, and received the agreed upon payment from the advertiser.
- Each advertiser is strictly entitled to one ad incentive award only, regardless of the total number of campaigns executed by the advertiser during this promotional period.
- Advertisers who qualify for the incentive will be awarded the €/£200 ad credits by 15 Jan 2023.
- Detailed *Terms & Conditions apply
Boost festive sales and run your campaign on TikTok Creator Marketplace now!